Annual General Meetings and other Shareholder Meetings
The annual general meeting (“AGM”) is a formal meeting of the company’s shareholders. The AGM is an opportunity for directors to engage directly with shareholders and requires careful preparation.
City Group organises AGM’s for listed companies and the service includes:
- Preparing the notice of the AGM
- Preparing a script for the Chairman
- Liaising with the company’s registrars
- Preparing the minutes of the meeting
- Filing resolutions at Companies House as required
City Group will be able to help you ensure that where relevant the company follows the guidelines set down by institutional representative bodies such as the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF). It is sometimes the case that these guidelines are not appropriate, particularly for smaller companies, and City Group can engage with shareholders or their representative bodies on the company’s behalf.